Here’s a little match-up table I’ve made based from playtesting, and watching games. Now, this isn’t the most definitive and extensive guide around, so please do keep the following in mind as you browse:
1) Not all decks are accounted for. Rather the list features a mix of popular Rulers/decks and some brews from our local metagame.
2) Depending on color and composition of each deck, the nature of the match-up can change. Water/Fire/Light Grimm for example, has more threats than Darkness/Light/Wind Grimm, and probably have better chances vs Kaguya and Alucard.
3) Remember that changing your Ruler might affect the deck archetype you’re playing. If you side in Christie and some anti-vampires to your Puss deck, for example, you’re considered Christie control.
4) Not everything is tested extensively (like 20+ games) yet, though I’m confident that the popular match-ups are fairly accurate, having played those repeatedly enough in preparation for our local Open.
5) A number of these match-ups are fairly close, and will boil down to variance, tech cards, and skill of the players. Aggro matchups are more volatile, and tend to go either way.
6) Yes, that’s Pandora control dominating everything. 😛
If anyone’s interested in the tally of positive matchups each deck has, here it is:
Grimm Control – 5/9
Alucard/Alhazred Control – 6/9
Kaguya Control – 5/9
Puss Musketeers – 3/9
Christie Control – 2/9
Crimson GIrl Aggro – 3/9
Little Red Werewolves – 5/9
Bahamut Burn – 5/9
Snow White Aggro – 4/9
Pandora Control – 7/9
All in all, I can say that it’s a somewhat balanced (and widely open) field where you can pick a deck that you like to play, and possibly do well with it as long as you’re aware of which matchups are bad, and how to sideboard/play against them properly (e.g. don’t feed Resonators blindly to Alucard).